Thursday, May 20, 2010

Decision

I watched "Julie and Julia" the other night and I'm feeling inspired. I want to quantify this for those that know me that I will not be cooking through a cookbook in a year (unless maybe it is the Serendipity cookbook but that's not going to happen). I love to cook but I have no desire to learn how to cook a live lobster. And even if I did, it would go to waste because I don't eat seafood nor can I stand the smell of it. What impressed me about the movie was how she found a creative outlet for herself in the midst of a job she found tedious and didn't like.


I've also spent time reading my sister's blog over the last several weeks and have been inspired by that as well. I enjoy the window into the lives of my sister, my brother-in-law, and my adorable, spirited nephew.

With those 2 things combined, I have decided to use my blog on a more regular basis to document my musings on life but also serve as a creative outlet. I don't know what shape it will take, but I'm excited to see where it goes. I can only imagine you will get a good dose of many things in my life - knitting, my attempt to start my own business out of my home (which will not be worked on for sometime), my journey into living frugally to name a few, and occassionally my love of (almost) all things psychological as well as share my adventures in being a step-mom. While I don't believe any of these things will become how I identify myself as I find my identity as a child of God, I have come to a realization that I need a creative outlet. I love knitting but have gotten out of it in recent months as I have not had time to do it. Since BSF is done for the summer, I have decided to use some of the time that would normally have been devoted to that to finish some projects including unpacking boxes that have been sitting in my bedroom for over a year and a half. So, I hope that you enjoy this journey with me. It should be interesting.

No comments: